Systems Engineer, Senior Level
Develop systems solutions for complex challenges presented in the design, development, and maintenance of advanced weapon systems. Design and develop weapon systems using advanced technology solutions. Provide leadership and mentoring. Merge engineering principals and innovative solutions to create new solutions to enhance the Missile Defense environment. This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
- 8+ years of experience in working with developing requirements, Agile user stories, and test cases or architecture to satisfy mission objectives and integrate into a system of systems.
- Experience working with users to understand operational conditions to synthesize system and software requirements and user interfaces.
- Experience in working with Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) development tools, including Jira, Confluence, Nexus or Stash-Git and Subversion.
- Experience using DOORS to support mission-critical requirements definition and analysis.
- Experience developing technical documentation and briefings to support customer missions.
- Ability to develop manual and automated test products representing end item capabilities.
- Ability to develop and implement information systems across the entire project life cycle, including development and operation test and evaluation.
- Active Secret clearance.
- BA or BS degree in a STEM-related field.
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- Experience with automated unit test and test-driven development concepts, tools, and languages.
- Experience working as a technical leader in a multi-contractor, on-site, and virtual environment.
- Experience working on computer systems for weapons control.
- Experience creating test environments of developed software, using actual fielded hardware, in a lab environment.
- Knowledge of safety engineering and the application of safety standards such as MIL-STD-882 and the Joint Software System Safety Handbook.
- Ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems and meet client requirements.
- Ability to convey technical designs, ideas, and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
- MA or MS degree in a STEM-related field.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Secret clearance is required.