Senior Contract Administrator
Responsible for the preparation, negotiation, acceptance and management of company contracts and subcontracts (IDIQ, FPLOE, CPFF, and FPP contracts/subcontracts). Review and approve all contractual documents for protection of company’s contractual posture, satisfaction of customer specifications and adherence to company policy. Advise Management of contractual rights and obligations. Provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of contract administration, maintaining working relationships with other departments with effective communication and follow-up.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals or bids, negotiation of contracts and subcontracts, and perform related contract administrative tasks, including the analysis of contract performance requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions.
- Conduct contract status meetings with program managers.
- Assist program managers and Program Control in the preparation of progress reports and establish project schedules.
- Establish on-going, open communications and manage the business relationship with prime contractors and suppliers and contractors and manage the business relationship.
- Lead contract negotiations and contract development Maintain compliance with contract practices and procedures.
- Implement processes and procedures to more efficiently manage Contract Services (contract close out, final invoices, supplier evaluation).
- Administer Unanet purchase orders, change orders and contract modifications.
- Monitor and/or deliver monthly, quarterly and annual CDRL submissions through the completion and maintenance of the CDRL Metrics Form for each contract.
- Administers FFP, T&M and Cost Plus contracts and task orders from inception through close out.
- Review and coordinate monthly billing for accuracy and completeness.
- Support technical teams with past performance and proposal writing.
- Input new contract and modification data in Unanet to ensure proper internal controls and billings.
- Manage the suppliers’ cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Contracts Management, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 5+ years government contract experience.
- Business acumen. Must be a team player.
- Proficient Microsoft Office suite
- Strong contract negotiation skills and experience.
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, JTR, SCA, ITAR/EAR, DCAA and subcontract compliance.
- ISO, Metrics and Continuous Improvement experience a plus.
- Possess excellent English communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation, to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers, suppliers, as well as program and executive management.
- Strong Unanet experience preferred.
- Experience in project control and development of contract cost tracking, projections, and revenue reconciliation in Excel and Unanet.
- Strong ability to interpret data and provide what-if analyses as needed.
- Certification in Contracts and Acquisitions Management a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, knowledge of contract laws and regulations including UCC, FAR, TINA, CAS, a plus.
- Data analytics
- Supply chain management/procurement experience
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning software
The ideal candidate must be a US Citizen, and currently possess and be able to maintain a US DoD SECRET clearance, to support government contracts, as well as successfully pass a drug and background check, in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.